If you’ve been using SAP PowerDesigner for a while
– and – you’re ready to know more about the tool
– or – you’re responsible for designing your modelling methodology
– then – this course is for you!
This course will teach you how to utilise and benefit from the features that make SAP PowerDesigner stand out from the pack, as well as helping you avoid unnecessary complexity.
The course will teach you how to utilise and benefit from the features that make SAP PowerDesigner stand out from the pack. For example, using shortcuts and replications to share objects can be very beneficial but, like all complex mechanisms, you must design and govern your approach carefully. This course will provide you with the knowledge required to use the following features:
* Packages – including using a package to build a model inside a model
* Shortcuts and replication
* Sharing models and resources using the Repository Library
* Impact Analysis rulesets
* Reports and multi-model reports
* All students will be knowledgeable about the role, purpose and construction of data models— this course is not intended to teach data modelling skills
* Students will supply their own PowerDesigner licence – a link can be provided for the evaluation version
* Basic knowledge of the use of PowerDesigner, equivalent to the content of the “PowerDesigner Fundamentals” and “Building the Data Model Pyramid” training courses provided by Metadata Matters Limited
A single focused one-day session – or – a series of online sessions