Do you need to import metadata into PowerDesigner from Excel? Are you evaluating modelling tools, and need to find out more about SAP PowerDesigner?
– then –
Join the author of “Data Modeling Made Simple with PowerDesigner” in a short workshop, to learn about and practice with the standard PowerDesigner Excel import feature.
PowerDesigner’s built-in ability to import metadata from Excel files is unsurpassed by other mainstream data modelling tools. No scripting skills are required — the Excel import is aware of the metamodel for the model you’re creating or updating, and suggests likely targets for your metadata.
- The naming conventions that make your life simpler
- Importing non-standard metadata
- Best practices for using Excel export and import to ‘round-trip’ metadata
- The ‘gotchas’ to look out for
Watch PowerDesigner draw a data model as the Excel import runs.
Bring along a sample Excel file of your own and learn how to import it.
A two-hour hands-on workshop – or – a single online session
* Students will supply their own PowerDesigner licence – a link can be provided for the evaluation version
* Basic knowledge of the use of PowerDesigner, equivalent to the content of the “PowerDesigner Fundamentals” training course provided by Metadata Matters Limited