In these days of lockdown and working from home, the feeling of isolation from your peers can be considerable. Well, you’re not alone – join George McGeachie (@MetadataJunkie) for regular PowerDesigner chinwag* sessions. (* see below for a definition of ‘chinwag’)
The PowerDesigner chinwag sessions are your opportunity to discuss any topic related to SAP PowerDesigner. There are three one-hour sessions each week and you can participate as often as you want to. Join us for 10 minutes or stay for the full hour.
- earlier chinwags – Monday 10:00 GMT to 11:00 GMT
- later chinwags – Wednesday 14:00 GMT to 15:00 GMT
- even later chinwags – Tuesday 15:00 GMT to 16:00 GMT
Some PowerDesigner chinwag sessions will be dedicated to a selected topic, with a guest expert passing on their experience.
Click here if you prefer a personal 30-minute one-to-one chinwag with George McGeachie
noun – a long and pleasant conversation between friends:
“We had a good chinwag over a bottle of wine”(Cambridge Advanced Learner’s Dictionary & Thesaurus © Cambridge University Press)
Update on May 22nd, 2020
Some of the chinwag sessions will focus on a selected topic with a guest speaker – click here to find out more
Update on May 11th, 2020
The chinwags have been running for a few weeks now, and we’ve discussed some interesting topics. So far, we’ve just talked about what’s on somebody’s mind at the time, there hasn’t been an agenda of any kind. I’d like at least some of the sessions to be more structured, and I’d like to involve people on the opposite side of the world to me (I’m in the UK), so I have two questions for you:
- would you be interested in joining a chinwag at 20:00 or 21:00 GMT on Tuesdays?
- what topics would you like to discuss with your fellow PowerDesigner users?
Topics can be anything you like, such as:
- basic usage of the tool – the tool has a lot of features, not all of them very obvious to new users
- support for SAP platforms or cloud databases
- data governance
- model-driven development
- scripting and customisation
If you’re an expert on a topic and you’d like to volunteer to talk about it, don’t hold back :).
If we need an expert on any particular topic I’ll find one.