PowerDesigner’s built-in ability to import metadata from Excel files is unmatched by other mainstream data modelling tools. No scripting skills are required — the Excel import is aware of the underlying metamodel for the model you’re creating or updating, and suggests likely targets for your metadata.
On this course, learn about:
- How to trigger the Excel Import wizard
- How to create or update a model using the Excel Import wizard
- The Excel conventions that make your life simpler
- How to change the way the Excel Import behaves, using the Import Options
- Importing non-standard metadata
- Best practices for using Excel export and import to ‘round-trip’ metadata
- How to deal with Special Caseas, such as importing data types or lists of values or package hierarchies
- The ‘gotchas’ to look out for
- What to do if your Excel file changes
Watch PowerDesigner draw a complete data model as the Excel import runs.
If you would like to see a preview of the content, a cut-down version of the course is available for free –
- go to www.PowerDesigner.Training
- click on Log In in the top-right corner
- click on Log in as a guest
- On the Home page pick the course called Sample material from “Using the Excel Import Wizard” from the list of courses. Follow the instructions to log in as a Guest
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place.